Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blogging is a responsibility...

Sometimes I blog on this site.  Then sometimes I forget or get lazy, and it completely ruins the point of having a daily log of anything.  Today, I'd like to begin again.

For starters, I've only been back in Ecuador for a few weeks, so I haven't had much to report.  Two, since I've been back, I've been busy with a few things like teaching classes of 30 to 37 ninth graders, beating back monster dust bunnies (more on that later), and settling back into a 6:00 A.M. wake-up time.  Honestly, it's been nice.  Round one of Ecuador was like a trial round.  Now, I'm getting into the groove of things.  By this time next year, I think I'll be a little sad to say goodbye.   

The good news is that I finally bought a new camera!  Documenting my life here has just gotten a whole lot cooler.  Unfortunately, the view of my favorite subject in the city has been obstructed by some tacky blue roof.  But, imagine if you will a mural of a recently-married couple walking up a stairway into a pink oblivion of clouds and a half-finished copy of Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam."  Then imagine it's beneath the disco lounge with the white piano and the dance platform.  Believe me, it deserves documenting...and maybe a 1970s version of Elton John at the piano, just so it all makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment